Got what it takes to write for the freshest dance music publication in the galaxy? Well, good news—Dancing Astronaut is hiring. As 2021 ramps up, we’re looking to add new staff writers to our editorial team. Want to become an astronaut? Review our qualifications below to see if you’re a fit for us.
Our ideal candidate
We’re looking for skilled writers with experience, and while it doesn’t necessarily have to be in the dance space, applicants do need to have a fresh, informed voice and references to music-related bylines. Our staff Writers are remotely employed and assist in covering daily news, music, and recurring weekly/monthly features. We’re considering writers from all over the world (US East Coast is a plus), with a wide range of tastemaking and mainstream interests. Ideal applicants:
- Are college students or graduates with availability during the week and weekends. College credit is provided upon request. Please note that this is an unpaid position with longer-term potential for paid opportunities.
- Have prior journalism experience at a digital/print music publication (required)
- Backgrounds in English, Journalism, Public Relations, or Communications are a plus.
- Are not only well-versed in electronic dance music, but are also passionate about the genre and its vibrant culture
- Have a desire to write short- and long-form pieces including but not limited to: track posts, news articles, album reviews, features, and artist interviews.
- Meeting weekly and monthly post quotas
- Pitching original content ideas that would directly appeal to the Dancing Astronaut audience to the executive editor staff
- This role holds the potential for added responsibility after completion of training period/tenure with company
Got what it takes to join the freshest dance music source in the galaxy? Email your resume, a brief note detailing your dance music background, and three to four writing samples (preferably dance music-related) to email@example.com